Sunday, September 10, 2006

some prefer nettles

so after accidentally erasing my last two blogs, i`ve decided to not try and recreate them, but rather just keep posting. today was spent getting to know the area immediately surrounding my hostfamily`s house, the upper northeastern portion of sakyo-ku. the surrounding barriers that are thickly forested hills are roughly a 5 minute walk out the door. i was reluctant to press deep into the forest as a storm was eager to break above. the air is thick with moisture and the clouds have hovered menacingly for the past few days. the lush trees remind me of the ones at home. the iced and lightly creamed coffee brewed in the area is refreshing and delicious and the gyoza outstanding.
the days pass at a stunningly slow rate, which is a wonderful and welcome surprise. i have almost finished trevanian`s shibumi.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nikko,
Your blog is wonderful. I love your Shibumi quotes.
Pops

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous said...

This was really interesting. I loved reading it.